Wednesday, January 13

{the dish} beef and broccoli stir fry


Are we over hump day yet???? What is it about this week? I am a day ahead. I guess I want it to be the weekend already. Tonight everyone was going in different directions. So I wanted easy. Stir fry! At times I tend to make it difficult because I want a large variety of veggies which makes for a ton of chopping. This was easy and good. Just good 'ole beef and broccoli with rice and some peanuts. A total one dish meal. Now I am over the hump!

beef and broccoli stir fry by ann west

flank steak sliced thin (I had 1/2 of a rump roast, I used it but it was a little tough, flank would be better!)
sesame oil and canola oil
1/2 onion chopped
4 cloves garlic, pressed and chopped
asian chili garlic sauce - 1 tsp or to taste
1 head of broccoli cut into pieces
soy sauce
peanuts for garnish (cilantro would be nice here too!)

Stir fry the sliced beef in your oils until nearly done. Add your onion and garlic and broccoli and cook until broccoli is almost done. Add your soy sauce, hot sauce and peanuts and toss.
Serve with rice. easy and done!


2 comments:

amy and ann said...

gosh that sounds good! I wonder if that asian chili sauce has gluten in it? I hav ea hard time with those sauces. I love stir fry too! YUM. you are on a roll you cooker you! I am so in p90x mode, not thinking enough about cooking right now. yikes. Lamb kabobs tomorrow and gf chocolate cake! Ha ha. rice, cucumber salad. easy walla. the kids will make cake while I cook rest. I ve got a plan!amy

Anonymous said...

Yummy Ann! I love beef stirfry, and your recipe looks great. Thanks. sue