Wednesday, December 2

{crave} couscous salad - 02

Earlier I posted on a couscous salad {couscous salad - a craving}. Well this is similar to that salad except I made this one with some harissa (a yummy spice) and ate it warmed. I did most of it in the microwave because I didn't have a ton of time. This is a great way to use leftover roasted veggies or raw veggies depending on your mood. Couscous is so versatile that you can really add at will. enjoy!

couscous with zucchini & harissa by ann west

left over couscous or if you have the time make some fresh
chopped zucchini or other veggies
chopped spinach
chopped tomatoes
feta cheese
drizzle of olive oil
squeeze of lemon juice
1/2 tsp of harissa (this can be found at a specialty store. I think it is moroccan. harissa is a chili type paste that has a wonderful earthy taste and great heat. Go slow at first!)

I cooked my zucchini and spinach and then tossed in heated couscous, tomatoes, the spices and cheese and heated again. Then topped with lemon and a drizzle of olive oil.

have fun with your leftovers!


1 comment:

amy and ann said...

oh i miss couscous!!! loved it.