Sunday, September 20

{delightful} oatmeal cookies & puppy love



OK - now you know my real weakness ... not molten chocolate cake but puppies. I love them all - all types shapes and sizes. When I see one I can't stay away. I might even be known to muscle out a kid to get near a puppy. They are so cute, trusting and fun! This shot made me think of all things wholesome and good which lead me right to the good 'ole oatmeal cookie. Something just perfectly complete about it. This is my youngest son's very favorite. Can you get over how cute puppies are?


oatmeal (with a hint of maple) cookies

3 cups oats
2 cups flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick plus 3 tbls butter (unsalted) soft
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbls real maple syrup

I like to add:
golden raisins & pecans

other thoughts:
chocolate chips
white chocolate & cranberries

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. If you want to plump your raisins put them in a bowl with water.
Stir together the oats, flour. cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda. In a mixing bowl beat butter, shortening. Add your sugars and beat again. Add the eggs, vanilla and maple. Mix in the oat & flour mixture. Stir in your additions: golden raisins and pecans. Place a dollop of dough on the cookie sheet and flatten slightly. Bake for 8 - 11 min. Do not over bake these. They should be soft in the center to ensure the maximum "puppy love" experience. enjoy!

ps. you can freeze these beautifully!

2 comments:

amy and ann said...

so cute. love puppies too! my kids love the puppies too and then they grown up and our kids want "another puppy" NO! But I am talking to someone who has a hedge hog..Ha!

I may try this yummy recipe with my gf flour and see if it works, looks GREAT! amy

We Blog Artists said...

YUM...got to try these...and
OH...I have a Giveaway for one of my original Art pieces over at my blog...head on over and enter...you never know!
Have a good evening Ann and thanks for sharing!
Char.