Tuesday, January 4

{the dish} BBQ Sweet Potato


MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm!


I can't say this was an original idea of mine ... but I really can't remember where I saw it. Perhaps a cooking show ... Any who ... it's inspired!


Why not take the delicious and sweet, sweet potato and bake it. Then top it with some good ole sweet and tangy BBQ, perhaps some caramelized onions and peppers some slaw and call it a whip-dinger of a meal. And this is the kind of meal my kids will love and I mean LOVE.


You see what I am getting at!


SO here's the plan....

bbq sweet potato by ann west and inspired by others

Wash you sweet potatoes, pierce them with a fork, wrap them in foil and bake them until done. Oh 400 degrees for 45 minutes or so.

In the mean time ... You know those bbq left overs you have from New Years Eve or that brisket taco meat.... wwweellll perfect. Slap some of your favorite bbq sauce on it and heat it up.

Next you might want to make some yummy slaw or just toss a nice salad. Either way a little tart is good with all that rich savory sweet headed your way.

If you like the idea of some caramelized onions & peppers great. Slice you onions and peppers thin and sautee them in a skillet with about 2-3 tbls of olive oil. Start them on high and then turn them down to a med - low temp and let them cook and cook (really 30 minutes or more). Season with a little salt and pepper. You will love them.

Now top your sweet spud and serve. enjoy!


6 comments:

We Blog Artists said...

HAPPY 2011...so good to see some DEEEliciousness from you Ann!
I miss checking in on your Amy and Ann...
HUGS and have a FAB year!
Char.x

Kristen In London said...

Happy New Year, Ann! I've missed your blog! Will try this, although it sounds dangerously sweet for a side dish for my savoury-toothed family. I'll report!

Alison said...

Sounds delicious! I always eat so much BBQ during summertime, this recipe seems perfect for winter. as always, your photos are wonderful.

Bryan said...

Wow! my mouth is watering! This looks so good. What a great misx of flavors.

Leonie Daecher said...

All about ESL Meisterschaft bet at OddsDigger . Start betting right now for big win.

Susan said...

Wow, this is really interesting reading. I am glad I found this and got to read it. Great job on this content. I like it.
things to do