Thursday, November 4

{grabbing greens} roasted beet and potato salad

This week has been busy. Here is an archived recipe that is great! Next week something new I promise!

Every once in a while you eat something while you are out and it just stays with you. I had a knock-out, fabulous salad last week with my girl friends and my mom. Maybe it was that we were having so much darn fun, maybe it was that I was actually relaxed and didn't need to push that day, maybe it was the glass of white wine I had. Hmmmm a little of all three I would say. Food always is better when you enjoy the people you are eating with. We had a blast and the salad I had I could eat every week!

So I immediately set forth to recreate this salad. Did I do it? Well, no, but I liked what I came up with so I am going to share it with you....

Roasted Beet and Potato salad by ann west

This salad has many wonderful little things in it. In fact when serving this as a side it takes care of your starch and your greens - how great is that? I didn't try to make everything at once. I used leftovers and prepped ahead to make it more manageable.

roasted beets - chunked (roast beets whole with olive oil in a 375 degree oven until tender. remove skin. I made these the day before.)

roasted new potatoes - cut potatoes in half (roast potatoes with olive oil and salt and pepper in a 375 degree oven. These were leftovers from the night before.)

pickled onions - see recipe from dollop here!

blood or regular oranges - sliced

then add:
avocado chunks and mixed greens. Arugula is a great choice too and I think I would add a hard boiled egg if I had it. Toss with shallot-sherry vinegarette - see below. Serve as a side or a meal all on its own. enjoy!

shallot-sherry vinegarette by ann west

shallots chopped very fine
1/3 cup olive oil
1-2 tsp dijon style mustard
1 tsp sugar
1/4 c sherry vinegar
salt & pepper
squeeze of lemon

4 comments:

Shari Lidji said...

this is a winner ann! beautiful and tasty. don't we always have fun with kitty and ginny?

Kristen In London said...

I love being inspired by eating out! this looks marvellous, as I love beets in any form!

Selfless said...

Make sure you are aware of game ratings. MapleStory 2(Maplestory2 Mesos) aren't just for kids anymore, so don't assume every game is family-friendly. EC games are suitable for early childhood where AO games are only for adults with buying MaplestoryM Mesos. Make sure a game is age-appropriate if it is a gift.

smrtsmith said...

The mmoah website is the best choice. Because I used to find a lot of game stores on Google, sellers will sell them at very cheap prices in order to attract players. However, the comprehensive evaluation of many websites is not high, so we must learn to distinguish ourselves. Mmoah website is also a website dedicated to gamers. The game POE Currency are made by real people. It is absolutely safe and secure. The customer service is also served by real people. It is especially enthusiastic. If you have any questions, you can consult the customer service staff. The player's order will also be Timely delivery. Don't worry about price issues. The mmoah website also aims to attract customers to offer different offers to new and existing customers. And provide a variety of trading methods to protect the security of users' transactions. Comprehensive evaluation is very high!