Monday, June 7

{nibble} drunk manchego spread



Yea - We have successfully had our second summer sunday supper!


I LOVE cheese. All kinds, all textures, love it. Lately I have been taken with Manchego. I just love saying it. I feel like I should be in spain walking on a cobble stone street. I might stop in the local dive and order some wine, manchego and chorizo. Doesn't that sound fun?

here is a fun fact: Did you know that Manchego is named for the Spanish region of La Mancha, which is also the home of Don Quixote!


drunk manchego spread by ann west

1-2 wedges of an aged manchego. Ask for one with a nice bite to it!
olive oil
roasted garlic
salt
pepper
red pepper flakes
italian seasonings, basil, oregano etc...
paprika
a squeeze of lemon

chunk your cheese and cover with olive oil. Add your spices as you like and let sit for at least 8 hours. A day would even be better. Serve with a sturdy cracker or some nice bread. enjoy!

ps. i could also see adding a little more lemon and drizzling this over grilled asparagus - yum!





2 comments:

We Blog Artists said...

YUM...this sounds SO perfect.
I know a LOT of friends who would love this.
Thanks for sharing Ann...and thanks for stopping by.
I know the horrific oil situation is just awful...
It'll take many years to be cleaned up!
HUGS...have a great week.
Char

knack said...

YUM.....I am a cheese lover too....and this looks so fantastic!

happy summer!

xo