Wednesday, February 24

{the dish} grilled salmon


Grilled salmon is one of my very favorites. Every now and then I have a dream that I go to Alaska or Canada, reel in one of these beauties and grill it right there over an open flame! (no grizzlies I hope!) Actually I think this is Atlantic salmon but the visual is the same!


There is an abundance of recipes for marinades, rubs and sauces for salmon. Right now I am into very simple. I let the fish do the talking - it is really all you need.

Grilled Salmon by ann west

salmon fillet cut into individual servings * see below
olive oil rub on both sides of fish
fresh lemon juice - squeeze this over your fish
salt and pepper - generously crack on both sides
*herbs - your choice or omit - above I added a little fresh dill

Grilling * I like cutting the fillet into individual pieces for grilling. I feel that I have more control over the cooking and it is so simple to serve. Grill skin side DOWN first on medium heat (coals or gas). Leave it on until it tells you it is ready (it should not stick and be easy to move). 6 minutes or so. Flip to the flesh side and cook until done to your liking.


1 comment:

amy said...

oh yum! Making me hungry....