Tuesday, January 26

{crave} seriously addicting granola chunks

Another drive by situation at our house. I made this for my kids... a healthy snack. I took out the oil and just made it with honey and pure maple syrup. I wanted to have a chewy granola snack... success. What I didn't expect is that I couldn't keep my hands out of it. My husband either. Drastic measures needed to be taken or what was our health snack was going to pack on lbs. I wrapped it up and put it away. This is quick and delicious. You will be fine substituting your favorite seeds, nuts and dried fruits. Beware it is addicting!

Heat 3/4 cup honey & 3/4 cup pure maple syrup (sorry Aunt Jemima - no offense), 1/4 cup water and 1 tsp vanilla. In a jelly roll pan toast your nuts and oats. 3 cup oats, 1 cup slivered almonds, 1 cup pumpkin seeds, 1 jar sesame seeds and a dash of salt. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes.

In a bowl toss the oat mixture with the honey mix and then mix in your dried fruit. Spread on a jelly roll pan again and heat in a 375 degree oven for 15 minutes. The thinner you spread it the more it will stick together. Let this cool completely and then break into pieces. Store in foil or parchment paper (not a zip lock).

enjoy!

2 comments:

We Blog Artists said...

I made something like this before, but prefer your recipe!
AND I think I made the mistake of putting it in a Ziplock bag...
It would be a BIG hit in our house too.
Thanks for sharing.
Char

amy said...

so good! and I just am loving all the lists of photos that tell the stories so much better. don't you?
looks great! infact looks soooo good I can taste that granola through teh computer screen. it was yummy, thanks!
amy