Ok well here is one way I try and de-stress the kitchen portion. Cook a 2 for 1 meal. I make a meal and plan a meal using the leftovers. It really does save time and who knows I may get to string those cranberries yet.
Here is my plan I am going to double my meat for the first two days and on the last two days my main meat will be done:
Monday Dinner: Pot Roast with veggies and a salad.
- Make your post roast and double the meat.
Tuesday Dinner: Grilled or baked chicken with roasted veggies and wild rice
- Double your amount of chicken - lemon pepper and olive oil make a great rub in a flash.
- Make a ton of roasted veggies. (peppers - red, yellow, poblano, jalapeno, tomatoes, onions, garlic, eggplant, and zucchini is what I am planning on)
- Double the amount of wild rice
Ok from those two meals here is what I am planning on making the rest of the week:
Wednesday Dinner: Beef tacos with roasted peppers and slaw
- Beef from the roast beef on Monday. I will add jalapenos, cumin, and a little cayenne and heat in a pan
- Roasted Peppers from Tuesdays meal those can be a taco topper
- Corn tortillas, and other taco fixings
- Slaw (from a bag, store bought dressing adding a little lemon juice and cumin and pepper)
Thursday Dinner: Chicken & wild rice salad
- Chicken from tuesday chopped, add a little mayo, lemon, dill ( or anyway you like your salad)
- Wild rice, chopped celery, cranberries, pecans, salt & pepper. Dress with a little vinaigrette or just lemon and olive oil is good too.
- Place on some lettuce leaves and grill a little bread with parm
Ok so there are a few ideas to help you stress bust your busy week ... if not there is always that great thai place down the street!
oh and PS: If your crew at home is opposed to leftovers - don't tell them! They will never know!