Tuesday, December 22

{delightful} - Kitty's Hot Fudge Sauce



I have the bug. I have been in the kitchen doing my thing. Prepping for Christmas Eve, cookie decorating, and making some other fun stuff - hot fudge sauce, pickles, and gumbo. - Now what a combo. Tonight we are together as a family for the first time since the kids got out of school on Friday. I think we will have our gumbo, eat cookies - possibly dipping them into the fudge and go look at the Christmas lights in the area. Maybe rent a movie or just hang out. Easy, fun and warm... family!

kitty's hot fudge sauce

in a double boiler melt:

6 squares unsweetend chocolate
1/2 stick butter
3 cups sugar
3 tbls corn starch
pinch of salt

stir and let the sugar start to melt then stir in:

1/2 cup corn syrup
1 can evaporated milk
1 tsp vanilla

Just thinking this might be my great grandmothers recipe. I will check on that and give credit where credit is due. Enjoy!



2 comments:

Char said...

sounds decadently good - enjoy whatever you do, together is wonderful

Anonymous said...

hi Ann
I've been searching for a hot fudge recipe that can be made as gifts - so not necessarily refrigerated right away - do you think your recipe would be able to be at room temp until gifted? Thanks so much - love your photos & recipe inspirations!
Karmen in Minnesota