Saturday, November 14

{thanksgiving favorites} - cranberry pico

Cranberries are a favorite in our family. Cooked, raw, dried, all types. Cranberry orange relish is an all time favorite of ours and quite the tradition for Thanksgiving. My sister-n-law makes hers with fresh raw cranberries. My family has always cooked them. (I love when they begin to pop when heated). This recipe is neither. This recipe is a seasonal spin on pico de gallo. Sweet, spicy and seasonal. I love it. This is my second attempt and I think I finally got it. I serve it with tortilla chips. It is a fun dip to share. (Can I just say how fortunate I am to have such great sister-n-laws!!! really either side they are the best!)
enjoy!


cranberry pico by ann west

2 cup fresh cranberries
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup orange juice
1/2 cup pecans
1 jalapeno
1 poblano pepper
4 green onions chopped fine
2 pinch cayenne pepper
1 tsp salt

fresh cilantro chopped

Chop cranberries in a food processor or by hand fine and place in a bowl. In a sauce pan heat sugar and orange juice until sugar is dissolved. Pour hot liquid over cranberries. Chop pecans and add to cranberries. Chop peppers until fine and add to cranberries. Add green onion, cayenne, and salt. Mix well and let marinate. Chop cilantro and mix in before serving. Serve with tortilla chips (We like the blue corn type because the color contrast is so pretty!)

2 comments:

Char said...

ohhhhhhhhhh, this sounds very interesting. i would have to try it.

amy and ann said...

super fun day- love that photo. Can not wait until Wednesday's shoot. amy :)