Sunday, September 27

{companions} roasted tomatoes

photo by ann west


This recipe is by far one of my all time favorites. I use these tomatoes so many different ways. As a yummy side for a brunch, to accompany steak, even to spread on a baguette with goat cheese. They are so divine. The longer you roast them the more caramelized & sweet they become. I like to roast them longer to accompany steak and as a spread, however when I served them for a brunch I like them to pop in my mouth so a shorter time will do. Either way they are the best!


roasted tomatoes by ann west

3-4 containers of sweet grape tomatoes
1-2 shallots sliced very thin
olive oil
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss tomatoes in olive oil and sprinkle shallots on top and toss again. Spread tomatoes on a jelly roll sheet. Roast from 30 - 50 minutes tossing once or twice.
season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.


No comments: