Wednesday, November 4

{in the pot} chicken pazole soup


Ok yes another soup. Sorry I just can't stay away. This one is super easy and equally as satisfying. I had a soup like this at my mothers some years ago. She made it with pork... I just always seem to have chicken ready to go. It was hot, and a little spicy and so so good. The pazole or hominy is the trick. Like I told my kids ... this soup is like a deconstructed chicken enchilada. We like a little cheese on the top and a tortilla to the side. This is a good one to take to a friend who needs a meal. I hope you enjoy and thanks mom!


chicken & pazole soup by ann west

6 breasts of chicken - diced
4 small cans of green chilies
1 12 oz cn golden hominy or pazole
6 cups chicken broth
1/2 onion - diced
2 poblano peppers - diced
1 yellow pepper - diced
3 cloves garlic - diced
pinch of oregano
1 tsp cumin
dash of cayenne

Saute chicken in a little olive oil until cooked. Add diced onion, peppers, garlic, oregano, cumin and cayenne and simmer for 20 min. Drain the pazole and add it to the soup. Heat and serve. That simple. enjoy!

ps. If you like your soups a little thicker add a couple of tablespoons of flour to the chicken after you saute it.

4 comments:

frenchie said...

mmmmh! looks yummy! i like that you post receipe of things i've never heard of!
xxx

amy and ann said...

that looks great!

Shari Lidji said...

ann, i could eat soup every day! i never tire of your recipes and i love this soup. xo,s

We Blog Artists said...

I could have soups everyday too...I always seem to have chicken lying around too...am stumped for dinner ideas...maybe soup?
Thanks Ann...and thank your Mom too.
Char